Branding & Marketing advice for New Zealand small businesses
Starting your business from scratch can be scary and quite daunting, I remember those days too. But after 8 or so years I've a little black book now of marketing ideas for brand awareness which I thought would be great to share.
Some will work fantastically great for you, some won't, but feel free to choose the ones that might:
- Website - if you haven't got one, get one! And don't be afraid to get a little help with it it. Whether it's the design, content writing, photography or SEO so Google can find you easily amongst the crowd.
- Online Directories - sign up to these, as these are great too especially when starting out. Plus they help you get find online also.
- Local Markets & Expos - great for brand awareness and chatting with local customers, plus you get to meet lots of vendors. I've made some of my best friends out of doing these!
- Join networking groups - scary, but totally worth it too. Again, I've made some of my best friends here too.
- Get social - actually comment and interact on social media!
- Join Facebook Groups.
- Send out Mailchimp Emails to your regular customers - these remind them you are here!
- Follow up with clients to see how your service was.
- Post testimonials you receive from your clients on your website & social media platforms.
- Ask an Instagram influencer to try out your product.
- Get your car signwritten.
- Get business cards or flyers printed so you can hand them out at events.
- Make time to have a coffee with other business people of interest.
- Do a collaboration with other similar businesses.
- Promote a discount or giveaway of your product or service.
- Get an article about your business written in your local newspaper.
- Offer some free time at a local charity. Goodwill is always great.
- Facebook, Instagram and Google advertising can be useful when done right.
- Write a guest post on someone's blog.
- Speak at local events.
- Create a free resource for your fans/clients.
- Sponsor an event.